Tuesday 29 May 2012

Parts bin special

 I'm attempting to build a second engine out of parts that were lying around, and parts off the original 1260 engine. So far it's just a mock up to see what bits might be needed but it's not looking too bad.
The main issue really is not having a crank with straight cut gear, but i'm thinking this will only be used should there be no alternative, and will likely survive a few passes before throwing the clutch out of the side of the engine.
I do have a set of GS750 straight cut gears and oil pump gears as i picked up a gs bottom end recently, but fitting those will have to wait.


I was short of a manual camchan tensioner so i made one, and I'm short of about 6 heavy duty cyl head studs, plus a few other minor bits and pieces. Other than that though it's looking good.
Looking back through my time slips, the 1260 barrels and head went 8.3 in 2009, so it ain't exactly a slouch, and will go a lot faster than that i'm sure.

No comments: