Tuesday 23 August 2016

Second Half

Just a few days to go until the second half of the drag racing season kicks off again with the Open sport Nationals at Shakespeare county raceway. This will be round 4 of the 6 races in the championship and it should be a great event, with 2 days of qualifying (Saturday & Sunday) and eliminations on Monday.
The entry list isn't great in terms of numbers so far but there are usually one or two last minute entries. The Funnybike class looks like this:
Dave Buttery
Allan Davies
Dave Peters
Pete Le Gros
And Me

We are hoping to get a few runs in over the weekend as we have a few things to try out, mostly to do with the nitrous system, and I've recently added a nitrous pressure sensor to help interpret the data better.

It's going to be quite busy after this meeting too, as just 2 weeks later it's the Euro Finals at Santa pod, and 2 or 3 weeks after that the National finals too.

Finally finished my angled milling table, and in the process of making it i discovered my mills column was miles out of alignment, basically the column has been bolted and pinned/doweled at the factory in the wrong position, so when the head is tilted over it doesn't line up with the table. I've had to do a lot of work to get it straight again, and it really didn't help that it was doweled into that position.
I'd still like a nice quality mill, mine is good but it's little things like that that make you want a mill made by someone that cared.



2 comments:

Nanno said...

I'm still struggling with a round-column mill just like the one you had before... Really longing for one, where I can move the head up and down and not completely lose the alignment.

I do like your angled milling table.

Cheers,
Greg

Contact me: said...

The dovetail column is a lot better, but the Chinese stuff just so poorly made you have to spend so much time making them right. I'm seriously looking for something else already.