Saturday 23 July 2016

9 years ago

9 Years since i started this blog. I did it because i found it hard to find information on the net about how to get into drag racing and what all the technical mumbo jumbo meant. 9 years later and i'm pretty conversant with most of it, but as with most things - the more you know the more you know you don't know! So i'm far from being an expert.
Anyway ...... the blogs had a steady following, 100,000+ visitors and i get many people come up to me at race meetings to say they like it, so i hope it continues.

Lots happening at the minute, I've had the top end off the engine to replace some loose epoxy in one of the ports, and ended up replacing most of it anyway, it's quite easy to do - preparation is most of the work.
Been some progress on the new cylinder head too, valves are cut and I've started on the final version of the retainers which I'm making on the lathe out of titanium bar. getting the taper spot on and a good finish is key, but I'm happy with the ones I've tried so far.

I've also been researching and experimenting on ways to keep nitrous bottle pressure up during a run. There are a few tricks and various ways of achieving this apparently, so i've come up with my own particular version and will do some tests at the next event at shakey.

On a different note - i first went to Santa Pod as a spectator aged about 21, back in 1993ish, we went to the the Main event and the European finals for many years afterwards and still go to them now. I never imagined i might one day be racing there, never mind at one of the big Euro events. But, i've passed my medical and got my international/one event license.....and so for the first time i'll be entering my bike in the Top Fuel bike class at the Euro Finals in September! So it's pretty real now!






No comments: