Monday 17 March 2014

All Tigged up

I came back from my trip to Norfolk with a loaned TIG welder - courtesy of Stu Crane of Warpspeed racing and instructions to "go learn to tig". Plus while i was at Bob Brooks workshop he gave me a crash course in Bronze welding using an inline fluxer, and a quick lesson in tig welding. So this week i bought a new welding mask and a bottle of argon, and well.... i learned to TIG .... in straight lines at least.
And the first thing i tigged up is a stainless box that is going to become my very own inline fluxer for brazing/bronze welding, it means no messing about applying flux paste or powder, and best of all, no trying to clean up the glass like deposits that those fluxes leave behind. The flux is just a liquid that gives off a vapour that is transferred into the brazing gas and turns the flame a bright green.
Next weekend then, should be learning to do really nice bronze welds!


2 comments:

Andrew said...

Hi have you any plans for the fluxer you would care to share..And did it work well.regards andy

Contact me: said...

Hi, please email me for info. My email address is in my profile on the main page. And yes the fluxer works awesome!